Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hello season.

Hi folks.

Season kicks off with a vengeance this month. I'm doing "Pippin," "Venus in Fur" and then catching a Sunday matinée of my dear friend Laurie Nienhaus' "A Teatime Travesty" on Sunday.

Next week, we get the premieres of "The Great American Trailer Park Musical," "Cats" and "Miss Witherspoon." The NEXT week, we get "Woyzeck," "All My Raisins in the Sun" and "Afterlife of the Rich and Famous."

I finally found some time to do some work on the blog.

■ Check out the new menu bar, in green (now in sexy gray!) above.

■  "for actors" has a direct link to the five-question actor survey. "for directors" goes to the director survey. We've finally started to get traction on that. Thank you to Andrea White and cast/crew members of "The Great American Trailer Park Musical" for sending those responses in. Look for those in the upcoming weeks. Please take advantage of this quick, easy way to get some publicity for your production. I can't make it any easier for you.

■ "the season" is the list of every theater and presenting house and their shows. In all but a few cases (marked with an asterisk) I plan to review the productions. If you see an error or omission, please email me.

■ If you are planning *anything* that is not already on the calendar, please be warned that I don't have a lot of free dates left. There are ten (10) four-show weeks on my calendar so far, as well as three five-show weeks. Between Jan. 1 - April 3, 2014, I plan to see 46 productions.

■ In that same vein, if you want to pitch a story idea, four days before you open is too late. Three weeks before you open is better.

■  Thanks - and break a leg everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment