Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Read the review: "You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!"

Rachael Endrizzi and Adam Clough in "You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!"
I ran into director Paul Bernier (and wife and daughter) just before curtain at "You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!" last Thursday. We chatted about the show; Paul didn't know I'd seen "Tomato" when it dipped into Artis–Naples this spring. (read that review here)

I had - and I'd liked the show. I'd also seen the photos from the Off-Broadway Palm production, thought it was hilarious that Rachael Endrizzi was a brunette who'd gone blonde for the role in "Fox on the Fairway" and was now wearing a brunette wig for the role of Annabelle. And Adam Clough is just plain funny.



Rachael Endrizzi and Adam Clough in
"You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!"
So was the show. As Paul told me, "It was made for that space," referring to the intimate Off-Broadway Palm stage, where you really do feel like you're sitting there just chatting away with the actors.

Now that they've gotten new seats, it might just be one of my favorite new venues around.

Here's my review of "You Say Tomato, I Say Shut Up!" The show, directed by Paul Bernier, stars Rachael Endrizzi and Adam Clough. It runs Wednesday through Sunday evenings with selected matinées through Nov. 2. Tickets are $28 to $49. Call 239-278-4422 or broadwaypalm.com

Off-Broadway Palm's 'Tomato' offers bold, laugh-out-loud comedy
Chris Silk, Naples Daily News
Even as the pair argue over a pacifier for Baby Ezra, steaks, wine, relationships and Facebook friend requests, the audience knows that the spats are just excuses for outrageous anecdotes or skits comparing post-baby sex to a minefield. Please don't ask what "The Lie-Back" is. Ask your married friends. Exactly what you think. Exactly. Jeff and Annabelle are the kooky friends you always invite to dinner parties just to see what kind of potluck they bring and the odd outfit she's going to wear. http://www.gonaples.com/news/2013/sep/25/review-broadway-palm-you-say-tomato-i-say-shut-up/

No comments:

Post a Comment